A textile designer has to deal with a great range of duties and responsibilities.
A textile designer is generally responsible for the following activities.
General work performed by textile designers :
- Attracting clients by proper planning and presentation
- Briefing the initial ideas and concepts to clients
- Analysis and research works
- Development of design
- Commercial aspects of finished product
Textile designers primarily fall into two basic categories.
They either work for design agencies, manufacturers or retailers or they work as Freelancers.
- Rangoli-Folk Art
- Religion Craft
- Mirror Work in India
- Sculptures from Khajuraho
- Realism in Indian Art
- Chess Game in India