Handicrafts Key Facts
Key Facts Of Indian Handicrafts Industry
- India’s rich cultural diversity and heritage provides a unique and huge resource for developing craft products.
- The Indian Handicraft Industry is showing continuous growth rate of 20% every year.
- Handicrafts industry is one of the important segment of decentralized sector in India.
- Major parts of industry operates in rural and semi urban areas throughout the country and has potential Indian and International market with around 67000 exporters to tap the market.
- According to the national census of handicrafts, undertaken by the National Council for Applied Economic Research the value of handicrafts produced last year were of Rs.26,213 Crore.
- This Industry provides huge employment opportunities to artisans that include women and people belonging to backward and weaker society. This is one of the major source of income there.
- The Indian Handicraft Industry is a $100 billion industry worldwide.
- India’s contribution in world market is 1.2%
- The total exports of crafts items: - Rs. 13412.92 Crore.
- Industry’s share in India's exports:- 1.51 %
- Rangoli-Folk Art
- Religion Craft
- Mirror Work in India
- Sculptures from Khajuraho
- Realism in Indian Art
- Chess Game in India